Folk Song Fridays - November 2014
*This file is now complete!* Throughout the month of November, members will be a part of my Folk Song Fridays, receiving new folk songs, teaching ideas, and more every Friday for the month of November.
Week 1 - November 7: Already added
Week 2 - November 14: Already added
Week 3 - November 21: Already added
Week 4 - Already added
About Folk Song Fridays
The Folk Song Fridays Club Membership was created as a fun way to build up your folk song collection and get practical ideas for teaching these songs. When I look through folk song books, I am not always immediately inspired about how to use them in my classroom. Hopefully this will give you some new songs, games, and visuals for your collection, as well as help you figure out how and why you should teach them. I am including these extras with the folk songs so that if they are already songs you have in your folk song collection, you are still gaining some extra teaching ideas, visuals and goodies along the way. In addition, monthly subscribers will have access to a private Facebook group where they can collaborate and share more ideas for the songs included each week. I hope that this will “breathe life” into the folk songs so you can immediately see how they fit for your music classroom and kiddos.
Fold Song Fridays Club Members will receive:
- 4-5 Folk Songs added weekly that cover different concepts and/or grade levels. Each Friday, you will simply go to “My Purchases” and re-download to get the latest updates
- How to use these songs in your classroom (what rhythmic/melodic concept this song will help prepare, present, or practice)
- Singing game directions if there is a game for that song
- Access to a private Facebook group (monthly) where members can discuss these folk songs and continue to share and collaborate throughout the month. There members can share new ideas, visuals, games, or even videos of their classes doing these songs. If you were a part of the October membership, that group will still be there for you to go back and read or share ideas for any of those songs, but you will once again need to send me an email to LindsayJervis@hotmail.com with your TpT username if you would like to be added to the November Facebook group.
- At least one new visual each week to go along with the one of the four folk songs
- A link to one illustrated children’s book (per month) and what concept I use it to teach
- A link to one masterwork (listening example) and what I use it to teach.
"Like" my Facebook Page to stay up to date about sales, flash freebies, and more!
Check out my blog for more ideas for your music classroom!
My Pinterest Boards
If you have any questions about this resource, please feel free to contact me at LindsayJervis@hotmail.com
Thank you for stopping by!