Price $9.00 Once upon a time... there was a folk and fairy tale bundle! This 48 paged bundle includes the following 4 task card lesson sets linked to Common Core State Standards.
Cinderella by Brothers Grimm Fairy Tale LiteracyTask Cards
1. Cinderella by Brothers Grimm and Fairy Tale Literacy includes 30 game cards, key, 2 award cards and activity links.
Aesops The Lion and the Mouse, The Fox and the Crow, The-Peacock and the Crane
2. Aesop’s Fables and Literacy Fun: The Lion and the Mouse, The Fox and the Crow and the Peacock and the Crane, includes 30 task cards, links to useful website, optional directions to the teacher, answer key and two awards cards.
Rumpelstiltskin by Brothers Grimm Comprehension Literacy Task Cards
3. Rumpelstiltskin: Comprehension and Literacy Skills, includes 30 task cards,answer key, link to story and two awards cards.
Hansel and Gretel, and The Jack and the Beanstalk Comprehension Skills Task Cards
4. Hansel and Gretel, and Jack and the Beanstalk includes 30 game cards, links to stories & videos, key and 2 award cards.
Lesson activities can also be completed as a whole group or small group with the instructor using a SmartBoard, white board and adobe reader, projector or document camera as learners easily follow along.
Please note: The links to the printable stories relevant to the task cards are provided on the first page of this resource.
1. Follow the links.
2. Download and print out the stories for your students.
3. Read and discuss the stories over the next few weeks.
4. Have a cooperative learning lesson using the task cards along with the printed out stories for students to refer back to when needed.
Earn Credit for TpT Purchases
Just go to your My Purchases section and click on the Provide Feedback flashing text. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Common Core State Standards
RL.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
RL.3.2 Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
RL.3.3 Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
RL.3.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
RL.4.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
RL.4.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
RL.4.3 Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., a character's thoughts, words, or actions).
Imagery supplied by
The Enlightened Elephant
Monster Wrangler Mike