Assignment packet and details for folklore research essay project. Students investigate a culture of their choosing, find folk narratives from that culture, and seek to analyze their selected narratives to identify how a culture's values or beliefs are communicated through their stories.
Packet includes the following items:
- Assignment overview, instructions, and criteria
- Instructions for a project proposal
- Instructions for annotated bibliography
- Instructions and questions for essay outline
- Peer Review handouts
- Rubric for research project
This project was a great success! Students loved having the flexibility in their choice of culture, but the project also helped to familiarize them with effective research methods and writing processes.