This reading fluency bundle uses familiar folktales to improve students rate, prosody, and accuracy. Your students will enjoy Folktale Fluency while engaging in research based activities, which will help to build their ability to read at an appropriate speed, with expression, and with few errors.
What will you find?
1. Storyteller Cards: these picture cards give student the opportunity to practice their storytelling skills, which transfer to their fluency (prosody).
2. Fluency Passages: three folktale passages (which tell a portion of the folktale). Passage one is simply the folktale passage. Passage two is numbered for students to monitor number of words read. Passage three is chunked into phrases (accuracy, rate, and prosody).
3. Graph and Reflection: students can graph the number of words read in one minute to monitor progress. Reflection sheets give student the opportunity to think about areas of strengths and needs.
4. Fluency Tic-Tac-Toe: this game requires students to practice phrases while playing tic-tac-toe (accuracy and prosody).
5. Fluency Puzzle: students put together the passage to practice fluency and comprehension (accuracy, rate, and prosody).
6. Rhythm Walk: this is a student favorite. Students walk from phrase to phrase while reading and practicing fluency (rate and prosody).
7. Readers Theater: this script includes the whole story for students to practice all components of reading fluency with a purpose (accuracy, rate, and prosody).
8. Posters: accuracy, prosody, and rate posters, which include a definition and ways to increase these components of fluency.