Also included in
- Save 20% off these paired text read aloud companions! This bundle targets RL3.2, RL3.3, RL3.6 & RL3.9. It includes activities & specific questions to help students analyze characters, determine the central message, and distinguish their point of view from that of the characters' for both s$4.80$6.00Save $1.20
This read aloud companion targets RL 3.2, RL3.3 & RL3.6. It includes activities & specific questions to help students analyze characters, determine the central message and distinguish their point of view from that of the characters'.
This has been bundled with another Anansi tale: Folktales: Anansi Bundle, which includes Anansi & the Moss Covered Rock and Anansi Goes Fishing, as well as tools for students to write their own Anansi stories.
The activities in this resource were designed to engage students in:
• summarizing the story
• analyzing characters and their motives
• determining the message of the folktale
• identifying cause and effect
• identifying the points of view of the characters and the reader’s own POV
• critically think about the story through reading responses
Included are the following:
✔ Teacher’s notes for digging deeper into the text
✔ SWBST chart
✔ Recounting the story: first, then, next, finally
✔ Analyzing characters’ traits & feelings graphic organizers (one for Anansi & one for Little Bush Deer)
✔ Determining the central message
✔ Cause & Effect graphic organizers
✔ Analyzing characters’ & reader’s point of view
✔ 6 reading response prompts: These questions
prompt students to make inferences,
evaluate, synthesize, and make connections
✔ Answer keys to guide instruction
See more resources for common core reading standards. Please click on the links below and check out the following toolkits that can be used with any story...
Needing some Ready-to-Go, detailed lessons to ignite your reading program? All you have to do is print and go!
Remember to leave feedback for TpT credit toward other products on your wish list!