Folktales Bundle Fables, Fairy Tales, Tall Tales, & Greek Myths
Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Teach Folktales Using a Hybrid of Traditional and Virtual Methods With Your Students!
Are you frustrated when trying to find engaging virtual resources aligned with your curriculum and standards?
You know you need engaging technology resources that help students achieve learning outcomes, but what does that look like in the classroom and distance learning?
I know you are tired of students CONSUMING information when using technology. You need already prepared resources to push out to students, aligned to your objectives, and allow students to showcase their depth of knowledge.
I developed these digital interactive notebooks to go with my folktale units and allow students to CREATE content.
Invest in Yourself and Your Students Today!
With these folktale units and digital interactive notebooks, you no longer have to be frustrated by finding the resources you need to engage your students. Plus, stop wasting time planning and looking for support. This unit is what you need to teach folktales to your students.
A discounted bundle of my popular folktale units.
All units use the 5E's of Instruction to teach fables, Greek myths, tall tales, and fairy tales.
Each unit has the following:
- Link to create a copy of a digital interactive notebook
- 21st-century tools to engage students such as Kahoot, Jamboard, videos, and websites
- Students explore the folktales through close reading strategies using both traditional and hybrid methods
- A variety of graphic organizers to print or assign digitally for students to explain their thinking about the folktale
- Choice boards and resources to assist students in writing their folktale
- Ideas for evaluating student work using retelling rubrics
This 83-page pdf has ten fable stories, including one reader's theater. The stories in this unit include:
- The Fox and the Crow
- The Rat and the Elephant
- The Crow and the Pitcher
- The Lion and the Mouse
- The Tortoise and the Hare
- The Fox and the Goat
- The Fox and the Grapes
- The Tortoise and the Eagle
- The Ants and the Grasshopper
- The Frog and the Ox
In this unit, you will find:
- Teacher Overview
- A quick guide to understanding Greek Mythology
- Schema chart to build background
- Close reading strategy ideas, questions, and bookmarks
- Sample lesson plan for understanding the structure of the unit
- Text structure map for each story
- Summarizing charts for each story
- Character webs for each story
- Vocabulary activities to understand the origins of words
- Technology infused sample activity to teach vocabulary
- Point of view sheets for each story
- Thinking about mental pictures and how illustrations help us understand texts, graphic organizers
- Organizers to compare and contrast different myths
- Routine writing sheets
This 55-page pdf includes:
- Links to online resources to help engage your students, including Kahoot.
- Close reading strategy bookmarks and over 20+ graphic organizers to analyze Cinderella stories.
- Anchor chart card headings to assist in teaching story elements.
- Project checklist to self-assess their writing.
The provided pdf document has over 50 pages of resources included:
- Characteristics of a Tall Tale
- Anchor Chart Cards
- Tall Tale Checklist
- Lesson Ideas for Analyzing Texts
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (with or without technology)
- Tall Tale Character Research with Video and Website Links (with or without technology)
- Graphic Organizers for Research
- Graphic Organizers for Digging Deeper
Tall Tale Stories Included is:
- Annie Oakley
- Paul Bunyan and the Blue Ox
- Johnny Appleseed
- Pecos Bill Rides a Tornado
Using 21st-century tools is the most effective way to differentiate and develop critical thinking skills with your students. When it's not the right time to use technology, these units have just what you need to use traditional methods when working with your students.
You know that sometimes, students need to read and write without using technology. However, when you use digital interactive notebooks, students can use traditional methods and yet turn-in their work digitally.
Why You Can No Longer Afford To Ignore Using Technology In Your Classroom
- Stop feeling anxious if there are times you need to teach remotely.
- Using digital interactive notebooks saves you time.
- Spend less time making copies.
- Grade student work from any device.
- Stop carrying tons of papers home every weekend.
All of this means more time with your students and with your family.
Common Core State Standards
Grab it today, and don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love to hear your feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,