Also included in
- I've bundled together all of my Food Chains activity units and Food Chains PowerPoint into one bundled unit! Please click the PREVIEW button above for a detailed look at this unit.What other teachers have said about this product:"What a wonderful packet!! So full of resources and really filled the g$17.50$25.00Save $7.50
- Here is it! ALL of my LIFE SCIENCE units together in a discounted bundle!Save 30% by purchasing the bundle!LIFE SCIENCE bundle includes:Living and Non-Living ThingsLiving and Non-Living Things PowerPointFood ChainsFood Chains PowerPointAnimal Characteristics PowerPointAnimals Label the PicturePlants$68.00$96.00Save $28.00
- I love using real pictures when I teach Science...and so do my students! This bundle science unit includes ALL my Science Sorting Cards and Activities! This is a great addition to your science curriculum and will add discovery and excitement to your Science Center! All science picture cards come wit$80.00$108.00Save $28.00
Help your students take a bite out of FOOD CHAINS with this unit including 2 Food Chain activities using real-life animal pictures and recording sheets! This is a great addition to your Food Chains curriculum and will add excitement and discovery to your Science Center!
What other teachers have said about this product:
- "SUPERB! EXCELLENT QUALITY! A MUST HAVE...GREAT PRODUCT. A LOT OF GREAT PICTURES!! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!"
- "I love the real animal picture cards. There is so much you can do with this unit! Thank you!"
- "I loved the photographs used in making these cards. Thanks for creating such a valuable resource."
- "An incredible resource for my first graders. Explained in a perfect way that they all understood and got so excited for!"
- "This resource provided quality information, photos and activities for food chains. I was able to use this resource to teach about herbivore, carnivore, omnivore and decomposers. The images enhanced the lesson. The activities help tie everything together."
Please click the PREVIEW button above for a detailed look at this unit.
This unit includes 6 Herbivore, 6 Carnivore, 6 Omnivore and 6 Decomposer picture cards for sorting. The picture cards come with and without animal name labels. I've also included Herbivore, Carnivore, Omnivore and Decomposer header cards to sort the pictures under. The decomposer header cards and pictures are not needed for sorting if your class does not study those.
These cards are great for the Science Center! You can make the center self-checking by placing a colored dot on the back of the main sort cards and the same color dot on the back of the picture cards it corresponds to.
The next activity also includes real-life animal pictures and 5 different food chains for the kids to put in order (all food chains begin with the sun). Students can then draw the food chain they created into their science journals, draw and label their food chain on the included recording sheet or glue the recording sheet into their journals. Recording sheets are also included in several versions depending on what you need.
HUGE variety of ready to use printables to help you teach, reinforce, review or assess learning with your students. Includes KWL charts, ABC order, cut/paste, label the picture, notebook foldables, draw/label/describe, vocabulary science notebook foldables and fact sheets to name a few!
Full color anchor charts feature real pictures and perfect for centers, bulletin board displays or hanging around your classroom. Includes the following: Food Chain, Organism, Carnivore, Herbivore, Omnivore, Decomposer, Producer, Consumer, Primary Producer, Primary Consumer, Secondary Consumer, Tertiary Consumer
You may also enjoy this Food Chains PowerPoint using real animal pictures. Click on the link to check it out!
**Look for the green star next to my store picture and click it to follow my store. You're now my newest follower and will receive updates about this store. :)
If you are happy with this unit, please consider leaving feedback and let others know how you used it in your classroom! :)
Thanks for looking!
©SheilaMelton. All of the activities included in this unit are the intellectual properties of Sheila Melton. This resource is for classroom use and is intended for the purchaser. Duplication for other classes, by other teachers or for use in wide distribution such as a school district or on the internet, is strictly forbidden unless multiple licenses are obtained. You may not re-sell or claim this product as your own. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.