Also included in
- In this bundled product, you can get both the “Gather Together- Descriptive Writing Unit” and “Gather Together- Food Critique Unit." Together, you will have two weeks of creative writing lessons to use with your students and they will absolutely love how the writing revolves around the enjoyment of$5.00$6.00Save $1.00
In this writing unit, “Gather Together- Food Critique Unit,” students will practice using critical analysis skills to critique imaginary restaurants. To extend the learning one step further, students will become food critics, using a pre-made observation chart to review a series of meals (at home or during school lunches). They will then use descriptive language (especially sensory details) to write a review that centers on the four major aspects of restaurant success- atmosphere, service, meal quality, and meal presentation. Through guided journaling, peer discussions, and hands-on observation students will engage in the art of critical analysis using a medium we all love- food!
This unit includes:
- A one week guide for teachers: Contains step by step instructions for conducting the unit
- Student Handouts: Journal questions, discussion questions, a section for recording ratings and observations, a note-taking section, and a space for writing the rough draft/final copy
- Slideshow of imaginary restaurant scenarios, observation charts, student notes, and sample critical review
- Sample final copy of a published critical review
- Rubric included for easy grading
Additional resources you might be interested in:
Thank you and happy teaching!
©Read and Write Like It Matters