Food groups introduction for preschool, pre-K and Kindergarten, simply designed and flexible to make differentiation easy.
• 28 large food cutouts from 5 food groups – dairy, fruit, grains, protein and vegetables. Use for floor group activities, vocabulary, wall and bulletin board displays, matching and sorting (color)
• A topic header for each of the food groups for sorting activities and “word walls”. (color)
• Flashcards (4 to a page) for the featured 28 foods for categorizing, matching (print 2 copies), hiding and finding games, making sets, and vocabulary. (color)
• 5 full page labeled mats for the 5 featured food groups. Use these for sorting with the flashcards in a center. They could also be used for an individual project, where a child cuts out clipart, magazine pictures or food ads and makes a collage. (color)
• Large “word wall” picture/word strips for the featured 28 foods. These could also be used for a matching game center for older children – print 2 copies of each strip, cut between the pictures and words with one of the copies, and mix and match with the intact strips. (color)
• A full page poster for each food group for the children to decorate or color “We can eat dairy foods” etc. (b/w)
• A printable for each food group, where the children draw their favorite food from that group. “I like to eat this fruit. ___________”. (b/w)
IMPORTANT: Click on the PREVIEW to see many more pages, and to make sure this is the educational level you are looking for.