Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This listing is for an escape the room/breakout box activity that is meant to review for the Food Handler Certification. This bundled activity includes all the directions and printables to complete the activity. (please see the preview document titled "Basic Breakout Box" info). Most supplies are reused in other breakout activities I have posted as well as other teachers have created.
This activity is meant for a high school Introduction to Culinary Arts class or Family and Consumer Sciences Foods class that is working on getting their food handler certification. You will need to purchase supplies to complete the activities separately (the box, locks, etc). There is a document included in this bundle (and as a preview document) that has the cheapest places I have found to purchase everything.
This activity can be adjusted to do as little or as much of it as you want. There is also literature included on how to do the activity with just one box for your entire class, how to do it with having multiple boxes in your class, or how to do the activity as a partial digital/partial physical breakout.
Included in this bundle:
1) Basic Breakout Box Info- has information on what a breakout box is and where to get the tools needed to complete the activity
2) Getting Set Up- Tells you what you need to do beforehand for the activity (what to print, where to put clues, etc)
3) Photo Directions on Setting Up the Box- A document that has photos and directions on how to set up the whole activity.
4) Day of Game and Setting up: Tells you what to do on the day of the game to set up for the activity
5) Food Handler Certification Breakout Intro PP- Powerpoint that you show to the students as an intro to the activity.
1) Has 4 folders of the clues and the answer keys, as well as a separate document with all the locks' answers.
1) Has a folder full of printables for your students to use to take pictures of themselves after the game things like “WE BROKE OUT!”
2) Hint Page- Document that has premade hints for you to give to the students if they use their hint ticket
3) Hint Ticket printable
4) Open Lock Placemat
This has one document that tells you how to make the breakout partially digital using a google form (a copy link of the google form is also included).
**NOTE: While it can be somewhat expensive to get a breakout box going, once you have all the supplies you can do all the breakout games you want with the same supplies.***