Food & Nutrition - Food Groups Sorting Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These fun nutrition activities help children to learn about healthy eating, food groups and how to make healthier choices when choosing foods. The activities are designed to cover four grade levels - preschool up to second grade. So you can pick the activities which are most relevant to the grade lPrice $11.99Original Price $16.68Save $4.69
These nutrition activities help kids learn about food groups, healthy foods and sometimes (junk) foods. These sorting activities are great for kids in preschool, kindergarten or first grade.
- Food group sorting mats with pictures for matching
- Food group sorting mats with blank areas for sorting
- Sorting picture cards featuring photos of each food
- Sort headings - food group headings (dairy, fats, grains, proteins, sometimes foods, fruit, vegetables), healthy/ unhealthy, processed/ unhealthy, eat every day / eat sometimes
- I've created simple classifications for the purpose of introducing food groups to young children.
- There are two versions of vegetables to choose from to account for regional differences in vegetable classification. The original version includes corn, peas and a cucumber as per the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating. The other version includes celery, cauliflower and spinach instead.
I hope you love this resource!
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE...
>>> Healthy Eating Activities - NO PREP
>>> Farmer's Market Dramatic Play
★★★ Click here to follow me to get regular updates about new resources and awesome freebies ★★★
JOIN THE FP COMMUNITY!
>>> Fairy Poppins
Sign up to my free newsletter on my blog to receive updates about new resources and freebies.
QUESTIONS, ISSUES OR REQUESTS
- Please feel free to contact me via the "Ask a Question" tab. I value your feedback and am happy to help.
- Need help with printing, downloading or opening files? Click here.