Activity- “Food Quiz”
The students are divided in groups of four according to the previously assigned fruits. Each group receives four cards from the worksheet “Food Quiz”. On each card there is a statement that should be answered with “yes” or “no”, and an appropriate explanation should be given. The groups start presenting once the order is set, and it is started by one of the groups reading one of the statements and giving an appropriate explanation. If the answer is correct, the group gets a card with an apple drawn on it. If the answer is partially correct (correct answer with incorrect explanation) the group receives a card with half an apple drawn on it. If the group does not know the answer the group that is next in line answers the question. In the end the score is summarized by counting the apple cards. After that there is a discussion on the following questions:
1. Did the doctor ever tell you not to eat certain kind of food? Have you ever heard of the term “food allergy”? What can happen if we eat food we are allergic to?
2. Is it best to eat our food hot or cold? Why?
3. Why is it important to chew the food well?
4. Why is it important to drink a lot of water or liquids?
5. Why is it important to avoid drinking soda drinks?
6. Why is it important to avoid eating sweets? (chocolate, candies, cakes and similar)?
7. Why should you avoid eating snacks?
8. Why is it important to eat fruit every day?
9. Why is it important to eat vegetables every day?
10. Why is it important to drink milk or yoghurt (dairy products) every day?
11. Why is it important to avoid eating fast food? (hamburgers, hot dogs and similar)
12. Why is it important not to overeat?
13. Why should we avoid eating food in front of the TV?
14. Why is it important to eat different types of food?
15. Should you eat everything from the plate?