Food Truck Festival - Economics End-of-Unit Project
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Spice up your third grade economics unit with these fun, interactive economic activities! Snag all three at once and save money with this bundle! Keep reading to learn more about each product:Food Truck Festival:In this activity, students will design their own food truck and menu, create a businessPrice $8.75Original Price $10.50Save $1.75
Looking for a fun end-of-unit project for your Economics unit? Look no further! My third graders loved designing their own food truck and menu, creating a business plan, and then shopping at each other's trucks during our Food Truck Festival.
- : Students identify goods they will sell and resources they will use
- : Students will design a food truck and menu.
- Students will shop from their classmates' trucks and practice making economic choices.
- Donut and Coffee Truck
- Burgers & Fries Truck
- Ice Cream Truck
- Pizza Truck
- Taco Truck
- Barbecue Truck
Our Social Studies block is 45 minutes long. It took us about four class periods to complete the project. You could start the project on Monday and have the Festival on Friday. Check out the sample schedule below:
- Day 1: Introduce the project and review types of resources (natural, capital, and human). Let students choose their food trucks and begin working on their business plans.
- Day 2-4: Students complete their business plan, decorate their food truck, and design a menu.
- Day 5: Host the Food Truck Festival
- Teacher Notes
- Student Project Directions
- Food Truck Business Plans (2 options)
- Food Trucks and Menus (on same page)
- Food Trucks and Menus (larger and on separate pages)
- Food Truck Festival directions and recording sheets (3 options)
For more information on this activity, check out my blog post:
Economics for Kids - Food Truck Festival
I hope your students love this activity as much as mine did! I can't wait to hear your feedback!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!