Also included in
- Engage your students in course content with this relatable, food truck-themed project. This product incorporates many aspects of the business world including: marketing, finance, sales, advertising, business pitches, business plans, budgeting, social media, etc. This is a semester long business simu$29.99$41.95Save $11.96
Social media is a huge part of our students’ lives, but most rarely stop to think about how businesses utilize social media to market their products. In this project students will outline a social media campaign for a food truck business of their creation. The project is broken down into a group section and individual section. Students will start by working with their group to identify the target audience, create a campaign goal and describe how it will be accomplished, identify a social media management platform, explain how they will get engagement and followers, and create a posting schedule. In the individual portion they will create social media posts for one social media platform based on the posting schedule designed in the group portion.
This project usually takes a few class periods to complete. My students typically require 3, 90-minute class periods. No actual social media accounts or social media access is required for this activity. Students need access to a word processing software, such as Google Docs™ and design software, such as Canva™.
This activity is meant to accompany any of the other food truck activities sold in the Business Girl store. You can save $$$ by purchasing this project as part of the Food Truck Simulation Semester Project. This lesson is fully EDITABLE and could be adapted for other business concepts. Sample work is in PDF. To expand your unit on social media, check out the Social Media Marketing Mega-Bundle.
Included in this product:
- Food Truck Social Media Campaign Project Instructions (in Microsoft Word™)
- Food Truck Part 1 Group Social Media Campaign Project Grading Rubric (in Microsoft Word™)
- Food Truck Part 2 Individual Social Media Campaign Project Grading Rubric (in Microsoft Word™)
- Sample Group Project (PDF)
- Sample Individual Project (PDF)
Other sections of the project include:
- Business Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing Research Project
- Financial Plan
- Business Pitches
Don't miss information about upcoming sales, freebies, new products, and other favorites! Click the link below to find me on your favorite platform!