“Food Vocabulary, The Little Red Hen,” Simple Present Tense, & "Food Vocabulary, 'The Little Red Hen,' Simple Present Tense, & Modals Can/Cant" can be used in a variety of ways to complement your existing ELD, ELL, ESL, and/or EFL curriculum. This unit contains twenty-four reproducible pages for classroom use, which focus on ELD vocabulary, language, speaking, reading, listening development, role-playing a story, and retelling key story details. Each reproducible worksheet includes teacher directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation.
Also included are vocabulary charts that you can use when you plan your lessons, five teacher preparation pages, which include: vocabulary and language objectives, reading objectives, story objectives, a story synopsis, an overview for the food items lessons, and an overview for “The Little Red Hen” lessons, and vocabulary charts, which include: key food vocabulary, story vocabulary, and key language: (nouns, verbs, pronouns, definite/indefinite articles, adjectives, adverbs, and suggested language frames.)
Beginning and intermediate English Language Learners in Grades 1-3 should enjoy the work sheets, the activities, and the story. Their communication skills will be enhanced as they are guided through the vocabulary and language lessons, and practice reading strategies, participate in a read-aloud story, play Bingo, and retell key story details.
* Please Note: Using a color printer will produce the best copy.
* Common Core Standards are included.
Note: Please adhere to all copyright laws. Use of this product, beyond classroom use for students who are learning English as a second or English as a foreign language is prohibited. Please contact me if you wish to use this product for other purposes, so as not to violate the intended copyright established for these lessons.
Please note that multiple licenses are available at a reduced cost.
Student Reproducible Pages Include:
1) Directions at the bottom of each worksheet/lesson – for ease
2) Estimated time for each lesson/worksheet
3) Activities are included in the directions to make the
presentation fun and meaningful
4) Key Vocabulary Worksheets for food vocabulary and “The
Little Red Hen”
5) Opening cover illustration pages that can be used to preview
food items and the story, “The Little Red Hen”
6) Vocabulary assessment worksheets for food items and “The
Little Red Hen”
7) A phonics & letter writing lesson/worksheet for the letters
8) A phonemic awareness lesson – isolation/discrimination /r/ &
9) Language worksheets that focuses on the verb “to want,”
simple present tense (want/wants) and the modals can/can't
10) 2 - Two-Fold Books for food items and “The Little Red
11) Vocabulary flash cards for food items and “The Little Red
12) Word Cards to create patterned sentences using
the verb “to want” and food items
13) Word Cards to create patterned sentences using the modals
can/can't and "The Little Red Hen"
14) Reproducible Story Pages for, “The Little Red Hen,” Parts 1, 2,
15) A Story Comprehension worksheet for “The Little Red Hen”
16) A Bingo game to be used with “The Little Red Hen”
17) These lesson packets can great resource for substitute
teachers and tutors
Many thanks to Little Red’s Clip Art. Your art is wonderful and fun!