Also included in
- Students use organism cards to construct a food web and food pyramid and practice ecology vocabulary. There are 12 cards for each ecosystem - 1 sun and 11 organisms in each set.Designed for TpT digital activity or print. For the digital option, go to the specific page for each resource after purchas$5.38$5.98Save $0.60
Students use organism cards to construct a food web and food pyramid and practice ecology vocabulary. There are 12 cards - 1 sun and 11 organisms.
Designed for printed or digital food web and food pyramid.
1. Construct a Food Web – students will cut out the picture cards and glue them onto another sheet of paper in an organized fashion that allows them to connect organisms with arrows to show the flow of energy from one organism to another.
2. Construct a Food Pyramid to Classify by Trophic Level – students will use the information for each organism to determine its place in a food pyramid from primary producers to quaternary consumers (top predator).
3. Classify by Type of Food Source – lead students through dividing the organisms into autotrophs and heterotrophs. Further divide the heterotrophic animals into herbivores, omnivores and carnivores. Herbivores can be further divided into frugivores (fruit eaters), folivores (leaf eaters) and granivores (seed eaters).
4. Classify by Type of Organism – lead students through dividing the organisms into the animal and plant kingdoms. Further divide plants into trees and herbaceous plants. Further divide animals into insects, reptiles, birds and mammals. Use this information to discuss the similarities and differences between each grouping.