Also included in
- Students use organism cards to construct a food web and food pyramid and practice ecology vocabulary. There are 12 cards for each ecosystem - 1 sun and 11 organisms in each set.Designed for TpT digital activity or print. For the digital option, go to the specific page for each resource after purchas$5.38$5.98Save $0.60
Students use organism cards to construct a food web and food pyramid and practice ecology vocabulary. There are 12 cards - 1 sun and 11 organisms.
Designed for printed or digital food web and food pyramid.
1. Construct a Food Web – students will cut out the picture cards and glue them onto another sheet of paper in an organized fashion that allows them to connect organisms with arrows to show the flow of energy from one organism to another. See student directions on page 4 and example on page 5.
2. Construct a Food Pyramid to Classify by Trophic Level – students will use the information for each organism to determine its place in a food pyramid from primary producers to quaternary consumers (top predator).
3. Classify by Type of Food Source – lead students through dividing the organisms into autotrophs and heterotrophs. Further divide the heterotrophic animals into herbivores, omnivores and carnivores. Herbivores can be further divided into piscivores (mostly eat fish), and planktivores (mostly eat plankton).
4. Classify by Type of Organism – lead students through dividing the organisms into the animal, protist and bacteria kingdoms. The algae are protists (plant-like, but not plants). Cyanobacteria are photosynthetic bacteria. Divide animals into crustaceans, fish, and mammals. Further divide fish into cartilaginous fish (shark) and bony fish. Sharks have skeletons made of cartilage rather than bone.