Food Web:Basics,Types,Applications,Energy Pyramid,Parasite & Host
This science unit is prepared to teach all about the FOOD WEB functioning and how it is associated closely with FOOD CHAIN in living entities on earth naturally in an ecosystem. Through this unit students will be able to understand how food web and food chain are interconnected to each with eating relationships between species in ecosystem.
At the end of the Unit, Students will be able to :
1. Identify and construct the Food web, Food chains and explain how energy flows.
2. Explain how all living things depend directly or indirectly on green plants for food.
3. Use pictures and arrows to create a food web that includes the sun, green plants, herbivores, omnivores, and carnivores.
This unit is in PDF format with the good quality of images. Download the preview file (which is pdf file)to get idea about the quality of images. Eye catching neat and colorful images will really create a deep interest for the students to learn and grasp the concept.Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your explanation to your students.
At the end of the unit about 20 different worksheets and 4 activities are attached which will be helpful to the teachers to conduct a test/to review students knowledge or to assess students learning within the class.
The following topics are included in this Unit:
1. Understanding of Food Web with an example of Woodland food web
2. Chart on Food web
4. Predator and Prey cycle with diagram
5. Food web and energy Flow
6. Types of the Food webs with example and diagram, like
7. Applications of Food web with examples
8. Trophic levels: 1 to 5
9. Effect of environmental changes on living things in detail
10. Energy pyramid/Ecological pyramid
11. Advantages of the Pyramid of Energy
12. Significance of the food chain
13. Role of Abiotic factors in Food webs
14. Role of Parasite, host and Food webs
15. 20 Worksheets for the assessment and evaluation of students
16. 4 Activities for the practical touch to little minds on Food webs
You will find lots more in my store, including math, science, ELA, activities/craftivities, special education, interactive activities, and more!
You may also like:
• Climate : Introduction - Climate Zones - Factors affecting Climate
• Food Chain
• TYPES OF "FOOD CHAIN"
• Photosynthesis - Basics with process charts
Ecosystem: Jumbo science unit pack