This English language vocabulary lesson that helps students to describe food was originally designed for EFL students to introduce American food and to segue into a unit about Thanksgiving. Students love talking about food and are fascinated by American holidays. However, this could easily work for an ESL classroom or any ELA classroom.
The lesson includes:
* full Teacher's Notes.
* Pictures of American food for students to guess the name of
* Two alternatives to elicit adjectives that describe food, a Food Adjectives Brainstorm Chart
and a Food Adjective Cloze Worksheet
* A prompt for a discussion on favorite foods.
* An open discussion on Thanskgiving and holidays that are tightly connected to foods.
* Discussion questions about food.
* An extension idea
For another Thanksgiving Day lesson plan, check out my A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Lesson Plan