Fall can seem like such a crazy time (for teachers and students). This football themed day is a great way to review skills & have a blast while doing it! Be sure to download the preview + read this full description to get all the details on this kit.
This product includes 5 Language Arts activities and 5 Math activities that review the following skills: parts of speech, forming contractions, main idea and key detail, opinion writing, character traits, determining the message of a story, text features, addition and subtraction fact families, 3-digit addition with and without regrouping, 3-digit subtraction with and without regrouping, and rounding to the nearest 10 and 100 with 2 digit and 3 digit numbers.
- Super Bowl Opinion Writing – Students will write an opinion piece about who they think should perform at the Super Bowl; OREO acronym organizer provided. (W.3.1)
- Non-Fiction Passage with Comprehension Questions – Students will read a non-fiction article and answer questions about main idea & details. (RI.3.2)
- “Austin Plays Fair” Comprehension Questions – (optional) Students will read the story “Austin Plays Fair” (not included) and answer questions about character traits & message. (RL.3.2, RL.3.3)
- Football Mad Lib – Students will use their understanding of the parts of speech to create a silly football-themed mad lib! (L.3.1)
- Contraction Tackle Center – Students will look for two words (football players) and match them with the correct contraction (football field). (L.3.2)
- Name that Text Feature Task Cards – Students will look at the task cards and identify the football themed text feature shown; recording sheet provided. (RI.3.5)
- Team Building – Students will sort addition equations based on whether they would be solved with or without regrouping. (3.NBT.A.2)
- Football Rounding to the Nearest 10 & 100 – Two sorts have been provided for students to practice rounding 3-digit numbers to the nearest ten and hundred; recording sheet provided. (3.NBT.A.1)
- Jersey Jumble – Students will solve 3-digit subtraction problems (with & without regrouping) & match them with their answer. (3.NBT.A.2)
- Catch and Add – Students will “catch” 3-digit addends and find the sum; problem solving mat provided. (3.NBT.A.2)
- Addition and Subtraction Football Fact Family Puzzles – Students will find the of a fact family in order to build a player. (3.NBT.A.2)
In addition, I have provided an editable tool that will allow you to create your own football themed task cards to address skills and concepts that are specific to the needs of your students! To do this, I provide:
- 24 football themed, editable task cards
- a recording sheet for 8 questions
- a recording sheet for 16 questions
- a recording sheet for 20 questions
- a recording sheet for 24 questions
Each activity is outlined in detail so that you can see the standard alignment & assess your students easily using the answer keys provided.
I would love to see how you implement this into your classroom! Share your photos on Instagram and tag me @thebasiclifeofbrooke!