This download includes the set-up for an 8.5x22 inch football field along with colorful helmets, team names, and 32 gain/loss cards. This game set can be used with any task card set to allow 2 or more groups of students play against each other in a football game setting while trying to correctly answer questions from the task cards (or any other set of skill questions).
To play this game:
1. Divide students into 2 or more teams.
2. Have students choose a helmet and team name.
3. Place helmets and team names on opposite ends of the football field (half on each side).
4. The object is for a team to advance from one end of the field to the end zone on the other end of the field to win the game.
The two sets of task cards determine how many yards that a team will advance or lose.
5. f a team answers a question correctly, they choose a card from the blue stack and advance the set number of yards by moving their helmet. If a team answers a question incorrectly, they chose a card from the red stack and lose the set number of yards until/unless they are already in their own end zone on the playing field.
6. When a team answers a question incorrectly, another team may have the chance to answer the question correctly and then advance or lose yards as well.
7. The winner is the first team to reach a certain score as determined by the teacher or the team with the highest points after a certain period of time.
You might also be interested in:
Order of Operations Task Cards
Decimal Task Cards
Addition and Subtraction Word Problems Task Cards
Multiplication and Division Word Problems Task Cards
5th Grade Common Core Math Tracking Sheets
5th Grade Common Core ELA Tracking Sheets
Writing an Essay Graphic Organizer: The Essay in Me!
Algebraic Thinking and Problem Solving Using Representations
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Want to receive free technology tips for the classroom and get FREEBIES not offered in my store?:
• Click on this link and follow my blog Teaching To Make A Difference
. Voila! You will now receive customized updates about my blog. ☺
Copyright © 2013 Shari.Beck. All rights are reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the purchaser only and cannot be copied for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
#taskcards #commoncoremath #commoncore #5thgrade #fifthgrade #6thgrade #sixthgrade #orderofoperations #games #football