1. Players sit opposite from each other, across the desks. Each player places a board in front of him. S/he is not allowed to block the board with his/her arms or hands.
2. Player 1 "punts" his paper football or coin, trying to land in one of the circles with a high fraction.
3. Player 2 does the same, aiming at his partner's board.
4. Player 1 shoots for a second time.
5. Player 2 shoots for a second time.
6. Both players take 2 minutes to add the two fractions that their football landed on (or partially on, depending on how the football landed).
7. After both players have completed the addition, they reveal their sum, switch papers, and check each other's work for 30 seconds.
8. The player with the highest sum wins a point.
9. Students repeat process, continuing to play until the end of the class, or until one of them reaches 5 points.
Boards consist of different sized circles with fractions inside.
Includes 4 boards (2 with like denominators, 2 with unlike denominators), directions, and a scorecard.