Football Multiplication Project | Print or Digital for Distance Learning
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Keep your students motivated and engaged with this real-word football themed math project. You can use this resource to allow students to practice multi-digit multiplication. You can use this multiplication math project as an extension project, a math center, a take-home project, or even as an assessment.
In order to make this resource easy to differentiate for all teachers and useful for third and fourth grade teachers, I created a modified version. In this version, students will multiply by multiples of ten, hundred, and thousand. In the fourth grade version, students will multiply 2, 3, and 4-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers and 2-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers. Students will also problem solve and complete multi-step word problems.
- Measuring the Field-Students convert yards to feet and inches
- Football Word Problems-Students solve all types of multiplication word problems
- Penalties Abound-Students solve all types of multiplication problems and two-step problems
- It's All About the Merch-Students solve all types of multiplication problems.
- Counting Ticket Sales-Includes ONLY 2-digit by 2-digit problems (except modified version)
- Battle of the Band-Multiplication as a Comparison
- The Concession Stand-Includes ONLY 4-digit by 1-digit problems (except modified version)
- Instant Replay-smaller multiplication problems but more complex problem solving