Also included in
- This Football Reading Comprehension and Math Bundle makes learning fun the week of the Superbowl. Your students will LOVE completing these fun multiplication pages, reading about the history of football, and writing their own super goals just in time for the Big Super Bowl 2023 Game, football seasonPrice $8.80Original Price $11.00Save $2.20
This History of Football Close Reading Passage and Activities Packet has everything you need for a complete week of reading before the Superbowl. A high-interest, differentiated reading passage about the history of football is at the heart of this one-stop resource, just in time for the Big SuperBowl Game, football season, and College Bowls! Includes BOTH printable and digital versions.
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included!
The digital version of this packet includes ready-made, visually-appealing Google slides for you to share with your class. They include interactive drag and drop annotation marks and fillable text dependent activities.
This reading unit makes a great companion to the Super Goals for a Super New Year Writing Activity and Bulletin Board Display.
If you have never used Close Reading or even if you are already a pro, this print and go packet truly is for you! It has everything you need for a complete, successful informational text reading unit.
"The History of Football" reading comprehension passage is provided in two differentiated Lexile levels. One is in the fifth-seventh grade reading range, and the other is in the third-fourth grade reading level range. The Lexile level is given for each passage, along with a guide that provides the corresponding grade level for Lexile levels. I've taken all the guesswork out of differentiating and leveling of the passage for you!
This packet includes:
- The History of Football Informational Passage (2 Differentiated Levels)
- 5 Days of Close Reading Activities
- Text Dependent Questions
- Written Response
- Teacher Guide Sheet
- Annotation Guide (full page and ½ page)
- Printable B/W Pages
- Color, Interactive Digital Slides for Google Classroom
- Answer Keys
- Fun "Create Your Own Football Team" Activity Sheet
This packet is both rigorous and Common-Core aligned. Questions have been carefully crafted to move readers from basic, recall questions to higher-level questions where students must cite evidence from the text to support their answers. There are 5 tasks/activities for the passage, moving from easier tasks to more challenging activities. The reading passage and its corresponding activities offer a full-week's worth of close reading.
Looking for MORE CLOSE READING packets? Here you go:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,