Force, Gravity, and Weight – Pushes and Pulls – A Third Grade PowerPoint Review is a PowerPoint instructional presentation in line with the 3rd Grade SOL’s for the state of Virginia (Force, Motion, and Energy)
This lesson focuses on the force components pushes and pulls. It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text including:
• Terminology (force, weight, and gravity)
• The concept of pushing and pulling forces, as well as how items don’t need to be touching to cause pushes and pulls (magnets, gravity).
• An explanation of gravity and how it affects pushes/pulls.
• Explanation of weight and mention of Newtons.
• An editable, printable activity where students give examples of pushes and pulls in everyday life.