Force and motion is such a fun topic to teach and everything you need to teach a science unit on force, motion, and energy can be found here! This 2 week, 47 page force and motion unit includes:
- 5 STEM Based Science Experiments: Experiments allow students to investigate how a force creates motion, the amount of force required to move an object, the effects of weight and mass on the speed and motion of an object, what creates friction and how friction affects the movement of an object, what type of energy is created by friction, and the difference between potential and kinetic energy. Each experiment comes with an optional Star Wars connection which provides ideas for connecting the concept being taught to the Star Wars films, a movie clip to go with the experiment, and ways to enhance the experiment that will get students excited. Student data sheets are included for each experiment so that students can record their predictions, observations, and conclusions. Each student data sheet incorporates the scientific method.
- 4 Worksheets:
+Star Wars Theme Potential vs. Kinetic Energy Sort
+Isaac Newton and the Laws of Motion
+Force & Motion Inferencing
+Interpreting Line Graphs
- 1 Force & Motion Quiz: Used to assess students half way through unit to ascertain what concepts students have grasped and what concepts need to be repeated.
- 1 Center Activity: Force and motion matching game. Star Wars theme and a non-Star Wars theme set included.
- 1 Set of Word Wall Cards: A Star Wars theme and a non-Star Wars theme set have been included.
- 1 Force & Motion Final Test: Used to assess on the final day of the unit.
- 1 Time Line of Suggested Activities: Provides a time line for using the activities and experiments included within this set and provides links to websites featuring videos of concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Terms used throughout unit:
- Potential Energy
- Kinetic Energy
Virginia Science SOL: 4.2
North Carolina Science Standards: 5.P.1
Next Generation Science Standards: 3-PS2-1, 3-PS2-2, 4-PS3-1, 4-PS3-2, 4-PS3-3
Get one of my science units for FREE! This unit is a part of my 4th Grade Science Bundle
which includes everything you need to teach science for an ENTIRE YEAR!
If you like this product, please follow my store by clicking the green ‘follow me’ at the top of my store page. This will keep you up to date with the latest sales and freebies in my store! Also, please remember to leave feedback for this product. Not only does it help me ensure you are getting the highest quality products, but it also earns you points that can be redeemed for free and discounted products on TpT!
You may also be interested in:
Solar System Unit
Planet Task Cards
4th & 5th Grade Science Review Task Card Set
Force & Motion Vocabulary Cards- FREE