Forces – Pushes and Pulls – A Third Grade SmartBoard Review is a SmartBoard instructional presentation in line with the 3rd Grade SOL’s for the state of Virginia (Force, Motion, and Energy)
This lesson focuses on the force components pushes and pulls. It includes: a Smartboard presentation of the text including:
• Terminology (force, weight, and gravity)
• The concept of pushing and pulling forces, as well as how items don’t need to be touching to cause pushes and pulls (magnets, gravity).
• An explanation of gravity and how it affects pushes/pulls.
• Explanation of weight and mention of Newtons.
• A SmartBoard activity where students (or teacher) spin the spinner and depending on where it lands (push or pull), they will use the SmartBoard pen to give examples.