Force and Motion Activities Gravity Energy Passages Worksheets 3rd 4th 5th Grade
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Make teaching 3rd 4th Grade Science fun with these engaging with this Science Bundle for the Entire Year. This Science for the Year MEGA Bundle includes 12 of my BEST-SELLING Science Units for upper elementary students.Science Units Included:1. Weather 2. Solar System 3. Light and Sound4. Force andPrice $90.30Original Price $129.00Save $38.70
- Force and Motion & Simple Machines all in one BUNDLE! These units have Force and Motion activities, reading passages, worksheets, and simple machine activities that kids will love! This bundle includes 20 reading passages, organizers, vocabulary posters, comprehension and connection activities,Price $14.50Original Price $20.50Save $6.00
- Let's learn about Force and Motion, Friction, Gravity, Mass, Magnetism, Electromagnetism, Sir Isaac Newton, and the Laws of Motion. This unit includes reading passages, comprehension activities, vocabulary posters, a digital version for Google Classroom, a unit test, and a flipbook. There are two chPrice $11.50Original Price $15.50Save $4.00
Force and Motion is an engaging, fun-filled unit that lets students explore the fascinating world of physics! This unit covers topics such as friction, gravity, mass, magnetism, electromagnetism, and Newton’s Laws of Motion.
Students will explore the science behind forces and motions through reading passages, comprehension activities, and vocabulary. Students will learn about Sir Isaac Newton, the mastermind behind the Laws of Motion, and Elijah McCoy, who invented the first automatic lubricator.
With information about:
- Force on an object
- Speed & Acceleration
- Laws of Motion
Students will meet two famous scientists:
- Isaac Newton
- Elijah McCoy
This unit includes interactive activities:
- Pacing Guide
- Video Links shared on YouTube
- Vocabulary Posters
- Vocabulary Flip Flaps
- Force Comprehension Organizers (4)
- Biography Organizers (2)
- Force Mystery Flaps
- Unit Test with Answer Key
- Unit Test (Easel Assessment)
- 6-page Force and Motion Flip Book
- Spotlight on Vocabulary
Your students will love these creative activities to learn about Force and Motion!
There are three main activities:
Introduce the vocabulary words with the real-life photo posters included. You could post these posters around the classroom and have students travel around to match up and define the words in their flip flaps or use them as a center activity. These posters make an attractive bulletin board in a snap!
Have students read the passages about force, motion, gravity, mass, speed and acceleration, friction, magnetism, and electromagnetism. Have students complete the comprehension and connection questions and organizers.
There are two character studies for students to read about and meet Sir Isaac Newton and Elijah McCoy. There are also biography organizers to do additional research on these two scientists. You could have students work with a partner, in small groups, or even as a center/station activity.
Have students complete the student activities like graphic organizers, mystery flaps, cloze passage, and a flipbook. Students can build the flipbook page by page. I usually have them do one page at each center or station. They can use the articles as a reference source to help them complete the flip-up pages. Lastly, they cut, color, and assemble the booklet. Flipbooks can be glued or stapled inside their interactive notebooks, file folder, or a 12x18 piece of construction paper folded like a book cover.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER POPULAR SCIENCE UNITS:
JUST FOR YOU!! To assess the quality and see the style of my work, please check out these two FREE activity packs by clicking below:
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to access our FREE Library of Classroom Resources, special giveaways, and to see our products in action!
***Please know that I spend a lot of time researching, creating, writing, and proofreading my work, but even after several revisions, there may still be a typo or grammatical error. Please let me know if you find a typo or feel that a correction is needed. Just click on the Ask a Question section or email me at email@example.com versus leaving negative feedback so I can fix it as soon as possible. I value your input to make my products the highest quality possible. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
Copyright © Heart 2 Heart Teaching LLC. All rights reserved. This file is intended for classroom and personal use only. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
**You may print for personal, classroom, and non-commercial use only.
**Clipart, graphics, and photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).