Also included in
- Students will love learning about force and interactions in this middle school science bundle. Students will be engaged in fun hands-on labs on forces and their interactions and engaging STEM activities. This bundle covers all the standards for Forces and Their Interactions DCI for Middle School Sci$26.40$31.00Save $4.60
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 7th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 7th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 7th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$117.24$146.55Save $29.31
Students will learn about force and energy and Newton's three laws of motion. Students think critically about combined forces in relationship to motion. Students will also learn about colliding objects.
Force and Motion Unit: Students will love learning about force and motion through these great labs, like making a balloon car that is air powered! Students will love learning that a depends on the mass of the object and the combined forces. Students will learn about colliding objects and the impact of a collision through investigation. This is a complete unit for middle school NGSS, Force, and Motion.
This resource includes:
- an article on Newton
- slide show on fair tests
- follow-up pages to review Newton’s three laws of motion
- informational text passage Energy and Force
- comprehension questions
- interactive notebook flaps
- follow-up pages
- 4 labs on Force and Motion
- 5 E lesson plans
- a quiz
- answer keys
- word wall words
The labs are easy to use with simple inexpensive materials. This HUGE unit has over 90 pages and slides.
NGSS MS-PS2-1. Apply Newton’s Third Law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of two colliding objects.* [Clarification Statement: Examples of practical problems could include the impact of collisions between two cars, between a car and stationary objects, and between a meteor and a space vehicle.
NGSS MS-PS2-2. Plan an investigation to provide evidence that the change in an object’s motion depends on the sum of the forces on the object and the mass of the object.
It is also aligned with Utah SEEd for 7th grade.
Utah SEEd 7.1.1 and 7.1.2
Carry out an investigation that provides evidence that a in an object's motion is dependent on the mass of the object and the sum of the forces acting on it.
Apply Newton's Third Law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of two colliding objects in a . Examples could include collisions between two moving objects or between a moving object and a stationary object.
They will learn about changing an object's motion by forces acting upon it and they will apply Newton's third law of motion in a problem involving the motion of two colliding objects. They will learn about fair tests and variables and they will plan an investigation.
Materials Needed for the Labs
Roller Coaster Lab
Pipe insulator tubes (found hardware stores.)
Car Crash Lab
No Additional Materials Needed
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see some of my other resources for NGSS Middle School and Utah SEEd 6th and 7th grade.