This force and motion unit allows students to become experts on force, pushes, pulls, friction, and gravity through a variety of lessons and experiments. This unit features mini-lessons that have students sort everyday objects to determine if they can be pushed or pulled and read an article about forces. Students will get hands-on experiences with force by using toy cars to investigate force, friction, and gravity. The cumulative PBL project requires students to create a new piece of playground equipment and determine the forces present on the equipment. You can make this project even more real by allowing students to truly become engineers and create mini-versions of their playground equipment!
This unit includes:
- Push and Pull Mini-Lesson
- Push and Pull Article
- 3 Toy Car Experiments
- Playground Equipment Design PBL
- All lesson plans, checklists, and rubrics!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store!