Also included in
- This physics package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Forces (Dynamics). Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and a full, day-by-day breakdown on how I teach this unit in my own classroom. Included in the package:5 weeks of teaching material5 Lessons each co$33.97$67.81Save $33.84
This 3-DAY, 63 slide Force Introduction lesson package / Forces Mini Unit begins with an Overview of Force which requires students to collaboratively think about the topic and create a definition. The Four Fundamental Forces are discussed as well as the Forces all around us. It then gets more specific and talks about Normal, Friction and Tension forces as well as the difference between a Contact and an Action at a distance force. Ways of Measuring force as well as System and Free-Body Diagrams, Finding Fnet and Force vectors finish the lesson.
This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, SIX videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Force Overview
- What is a Force?
- The Four Fundamental Forces
- Forces all around us
- Normal, Friction and Tension force
- Contact vs. Action at a distance force
- Measuring force
- System and Free-Body Diagrams
- Finding Fnet
- Force vectors
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- 6 videos embedded into the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
Buyer Comment: "Great Resource! Thank you!"
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
- Lesson 1 - Forces Introduction
- Lesson 2 - Newton's 3 Laws of Motion
- Lesson 3 - Friction
- Lesson 4 - Universal Gravitation
- Lesson 5 - Ramps, Pulley's and Forces
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.