You can purchase my entire AP U.S. Government course which includes pacing, unit tests, and a 4-week review session prior to the AP exam here: AP U.S. Government Complete Course
I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because I only had enough for a class set. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook at home to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. If you are the type of teacher who does not like the idea of guided lecture then this bundle is not for you. Everything I have created stems off of that. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments, which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework.
I created this bundle for an AP U.S. Government class which I have been teaching for the last 6 years. This bundle was created to match the course redesign which is going into effect for the 2018-2019 school year. This bundle includes the following resources:
- An 158 slide (656 mb) power point that goes over Foreign and Military policy as it relates to U.S. government. I have included pictures and a bunch of video throughout the presentation.
- A 12 page GUIDED note packet that goes along with the presentation. This includes a summary and key vocabulary terms that students need to know at the end. The notes cover major military interventions since World War II, U.S. military spending, and the foreign policy apparatus. Key terminology such as the War Powers Resolution and Military Industrial Complex are covered in the notes. I have also included a completed version of the notes.
- Warm-ups and suggestions. The warm-ups can be given at the start of class and the suggestions portions gives you ideas to incorporate your school computer lab into the unit with helpful websites and movies.
- Chapter research questions that I give as a homework assignment. This goes along with your school textbook but you will need to change the page numbers at the top. I have included one batch for the presidency and one for the bureaucracy
- U.S. Military Interventions Handout - Students research the major places that the U.S. military has been deployed since 1980. I have found that AP U.S. History classes do not go much further than the 1980s so this is a good way to introduce them to the material.
- Thirteen Days Movie Questions - I created questions to go along with this movie from 2000. It is a good way of showing how the chain of command goes to work during a time of crisis. I provided a link to the movie on youtube for purchase. Be advised the movie is PG-13.
That's everything! Thank you very much for considering this product. Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for AP U.S. Government: