Also included in
- Teach your students the Forensic Science of Death Investigation! This comprehensive bundle includes Interactive Google Slides, Guided Notes, Activities, Review and Assessment. Included in the resource:Forensics Death Investigation: Notes, Activity and Review - Interactive Google Slides teaches your$16.50$19.50Save $3.00
- High School Forensics Curriculum Bundle! Save on EVERY forensics product offered by Science of Curiosity. This is a GROWING bundle, with 50 + products and counting! Includes eleven forensic topics, six projects, review questions and assessments. Click HERE to see the detailed pacing guide that comes$126.00$140.50Save $14.50
The forensics of BONES! Teach your students how to be Forensic Anthropologists! Learn to read bones and determine gender, height and age.
- Learning Anthropology Google Slides: 24 interactive Google Slides, recording what they learn on the provided notes sheet. The Google Slides are student independent - no direct instruction is needed!
- Learning Slides KEY
- Student Notes: While students learn from the slides they will complete the provided Notes sheets - can be printed out or done digitally.
- Bone Whisperer Video Guide: to reinforce what was learned in the slides, students watch a 25 minute interview (free on YouTube) with a Smithsonian Forensic Anthropologist and complete the provided video guide.
- Bone Whisper KEY
- Solve a Case Anthropology Activity: 100% digital, 10 Interactive Google Slides. Challenge students to solve a Missing Person case with their new Forensic Anthropology Skills. They are presented with a set of bones and must...
- Measure them for height with the digital ruler (on the slide!)
- Study the bones to figure out the gender and age.
- Then put it all together and find the best match from a list of ten missing persons.
- Solve a Case KEY
- Missing Persons Report - with ten missing persons for students to look through
NOTE: there are . One centers around the cereal killer John Wayne Gacy, bones are said to have been a victim buried in Gacy’s yard. If this is too dark for your students, use the other version of bones found in the woods. Keys and Missing Persons Reports are provided for both versions.
Slides teach students:
- How to use the skull and pelvis to determine gender
- The bones and formula to calculate the height of a person
- How the teeth and growth plates indicate age
Interactive Slides keep students engaged with
- Drag and drop elements
- Circle the right answer
- Fill in the blank
- Label images
- Complete short answer questions
- Short video clips
A Teaching Guide is included with tips for how to best use the resource, sharing the slides, and ideas to make grading easier!
Teaching duration of 3 days estimated as three 60 minute classes.
Need more Forensics Death Investigation resources?
- - NO PREP! Everything your students need to learn what happens to a body after death, and then use those skills to estimate when Zelda died. Was it accidental death, or murder??
- - a fun documentary that students always enjoy! The Body Farm, located in TN, is home to a few dozen donated bodies, where Forensic Scientists go to learn about human decomposition.
- - Interactive Google Slides teaches your students about Time Since Death, Manner and Cause of Death, and the job of the Medical Examiner. Includes an activity and Google Form review questions. The resource can be 100% digital, and no prep.
- There are many ways to use this resource in your class to reinforce learning about autopsies, entomology, cause of death, and time since death. Digital and Print options!
- : Learn the five stages of decomposition to determine the time since death (post mortem interval). A great addition to your Forensics Death Investigation unit! This is designed to be a student independent activity, no direct instruction is needed!
- Teach the terms used by Forensic Pathologists / Medical Examiners when they perform an Autopsy! Interactive Google Slides, Printable Notes and Hands on Activity!
- : Students learn how to measure maggots to determine the time since death! Digital activity - no prep!
- Teach your students how to be Forensic Anthropologists! Learn to read bones and determine gender, height and age. Then solve a Missing Person Case!
More Forensic Science resources from Science of Curiosity!
- - Learn the basics by exploring a crime scene!
- Students learn and practice the art of Forensic Photography
- - NO PREP
- - Student centered, learn by doing
- - find the perfect Forensic Files video for every topic
- - FREE
- Increase literacy in your Forensic Science Class!
- - NO PREP students choose a career and follow the 100 pt rubric to create a digital poster