Forensic Blood Spatter Lab - Students Learn by Doing!
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes these Forensic Science resources from Science of Curiosity:Forensics Arson Investigation - NO PREP! Students listen to a action-packed audio drama about an arson/murder investigation (check HERE to be sure your school supports this audio story!)Blood Spatter Lab - Student centerPrice $29.00Original Price $34.00Save $5.00
- Everything you need to teach your Forensic Science students Blood Evidence! Includes Blood Typing and Blood Spatter Evidence.In this Bundle:Blood Typing Digital Lesson and Activity - NO PREP! Digital using Google Slides, perfect for in class or distance learning. Learn how to determine blood type,Price $12.50Original Price $14.50Save $2.00
- High School Forensics Curriculum Bundle! Save on EVERY forensics product offered by Science of Curiosity. This is a GROWING bundle, with 60 + products and counting! Includes eleven forensic topics, six projects, review questions and assessments. Click HERE to see the detailed pacing guide that comesPrice $157.05Original Price $174.50Save $17.45
This Forensics Blood Spatter lab is then designed to let students experiment with the different Low and Medium Velocity blood spatter patterns that can be generated in various crime scene scenarios. We then use what they have learned through experience, and their own pictures, to go into detail about how much information we can learn about a crime though Blood Spatter patterns.
The Lab packet itself is digital! The resource includes a link that will prompt students to make a copy of a Google Doc with directions and questions. The lab will guide them to take pictures of their Blood Spatter patterns and insert them into the document.
The Lab includes open ended guided questions to focus student's observations of the spatter patterns they make.
Making the lab digital is great for two reasons - First it saves paper! Yay! Second, it gives students the ability to use their own pictures to refer back to when we get into more detail about what the Blood Spatter Patterns are actually telling us. I will even pull good spatter patterns out and put them on my own Google Slide when teaching - which they get a real kick out of!
This resource includes
- Copy (and link to digital copy) of the Lab and guided questions
- Teacher Guide with materials list (see Preview!)
- Ten minute video explanation of the Lab - designed to be watched before the Lab so students know what to do on Lab day
- Complete answer key with pictures of each spatter pattern!
Looking for more Forensic Blood Spatter resources?
- Blood Typing Digital Lesson + Activity - NO PREP
- Blood Spatter Notes - NO PREP notes follow a free online lecture about Blood Spatter Analysis
- Blood Spatter Analysis Activity- Digital! Students practice skills of calculating angle of impact and point of origin
Check out the other Forensic Science Resources available at Science of Curiosity!
- Arson Investigation - NO PREP
- Blood Spatter Lab - Student centered, learn by doing
- Forensic Files Video List - find the perfect Forensic Files video for every topic
- Forensic File Video Guide - FREE
- True Crime Book Project: Increase literacy in your Forensic Science Class!
- Murder In Miniature Forensics Project - students create their own crime scene diorama and then process the scene as an Investigator. Complete with full rubric, PowerPoint and photos of example projects
- Forensic Science Careers Project - NO PREP students choose a career and follow the 100 pt rubric to create a digital poster