Also included in
- High School Forensics Curriculum Bundle! Save on EVERY forensics product offered by Science of Curiosity. This is a GROWING bundle, with 50 + products and counting! Includes eleven forensic topics, six projects, review questions and assessments. Click HERE to see the detailed pacing guide that comes$126.00$140.50Save $14.50
- Bundle and SAVE on all of the Science of Curiosity teaching resources about Odontology/Bite Mark evidence, Tool Mark evidence and Footwear Impression evidence!This Bundle includes:Bite Mark Evidence Notes & Review: 20 Interactive Google Slides teach students about Forensic Odontology and bite ma$15.00$17.00Save $2.00
Teach your students the value of Forensic Footwear Impression Evidence! This resource is NO PREP. It can be completed by students independently, be teacher led, or a combination of both!
Interactive Google Slides keep students engaged by asking them to drag and drop objects, label images, watch short YouTube video clips, sort answers and type answers!
- Learn the importance of footwear evidence to an investigation
- Identify the class and individual evidence provided by footwear impressions
- Activity! Practice using footwear impression evidence to estimate their own height with their stride length and shoe length
- Identify accidental characteristics in a footwear impression
- Learn the three types of impressions (Latent, 2D and 3D)
- Learn how each type of impression is collected
- Activity! Find and take proper photographs of 2D and 3D footwear impressions
- Discuss the limitations of footwear evidence
The activities are designed to be done as partners (it is hard to measure your own height!) but they can be done individually.
This resource includes:
- Lean Forensic Footwear Impressions: 31 Interactive Google Slides
- KEY to Forensic Footwear Impressions slides
- Student Guided Notes
- Notes KEY
- Printable activity instructions sheet: walks students through the process of measuring their own stride length and foot print length, and how to calculate their height using those values.
- Google Form Review Questions: Fifteen multiple choice questions, self grading, editable!
Another Forensic Footwear Resource!
Three Forensic Footwear Impression activities give your students a chance to practice their skills! Two digital and one hands on. Students measure impressions and calculating height, match footwear impressions to the sole pattern that made it, and make their own impression and cast!
More Impressions Evidence!
- Forensic Tool Mark Impression Evidence: Google Slides + Notes + Review Questions
- Footwear Impressions Evidence Notes and Review
- Footwear Impressions - Three Activities!
- Tire Impressions BUNDLE - Notes, Review, Activities, Assessment!
- Ballistics Unit BUNDLE - Notes, Review, Activities, Assessment!
BUDLE and SAVE from Science of Curiosity! Complete Forensic Science Units:
- Forensics Tire Impression Evidence Unit: BUNDLE | Distance Learning
- Forensic Science Basics Unit BUNDLE Distance Learning
- Forensics Blood Spatter and Blood Evidence Unit BUNDLE- Notes, Activities, Lab
- Forensic DNA Fingerprinting / DNA Evidence BUNDLE Notes, Activity, Project
- Forensic Science Death Investigation BUNDLE - Autopsy, Decay, Bugs and Bones!
Here are some other fun Forensic Science lessons and activities!
- Forensic Autopsy Report - help your students practice their skills as a Medical Examiner!
- Arson Investigation - NO PREP
- Blood Spatter Lab - Student centered, learn by doing
- Forensic Files Video List - find the perfect Forensic Files video for every topic
- Forensic File Video Guide - FREE
- True Crime Book Project: Increase literacy in your Forensic Science Class!
- Murder In Miniature Forensics Project - students create their own crime scene diorama and then process the scene as an Investigator. Complete with full rubric, PowerPoint and photos of example projects