These forensic science crossword puzzles make wonderful vocabulary reviews for secondary science students.The topics highlighted include pathology, anthropology, odontology, entomology, serology, bloodstain pattern analysis, DNA analysis, and forensic hair examinations. I give these to my students before each unit test as a fun review. An understanding of vocabulary is essential to excelling in science. This pack consists of six crossword puzzles plus an answer key!
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Pathology (coroner, autolysis, asphyxia, hyperthermia, autopsy, putrefecation, petechiae, lividity, mechanical decomposition, rigor mortis, defensive, lacerations, hypothermia, incised, exsanguination, contusion)
2) Anthropology and Odontology (calipers, sciatic nerve, occlusal, cranial, clavicle, ventral, odontology, axial, compact bone, facial reconstruction, appendicular, enamel, interstitial fluid, bone marrow, anthropology, osteoblasts, taphonomy, ancestry)
3) Entomology (coleoptera, chitin, postmortem, diptera, killing jar, exoskeleton, metamorphosis, necrophagous, taxonomy, maggots, spiracles, necrophilious, omnivorous, mass, entomology, incidental, molting)
4) Serology and Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (platelets, luminol, transfer, electrophoresis, blood spatter, phosphatase, antibodies, impact, plasma, serology, leukocytes, antigens, passive, pattern, hemoglobin, erythrocytes, proteomics)
5) DNA Analysis (dominant, thermal, annealing, denaturation, chromosomes, variable, alleles, male, endonucleases, extension, nucleus, heterozygous, double, codis, autorad, polymorphic, concordance, thymine, phenotype)
6) Forensic Hair Examination (buckling, shaft, axillary, cortical, pointed, sebaceous gland, bleached, facial hair, shouldering, melanocytes, force, keratin, disruptions, microscope, tips, monilethrix, vibrissa, guard hair, follicles)
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? This volume is part of a larger bundle that consists of 23 forensic science crossword puzzles on a variety of topics!
Forensic Science Crossword Bundle-23 Puzzles!
The bundle mentioned above consists of these volumes:
Volume 1-Criminal Justice and Forensic ScienceVolume 2-Microscopy, Spectroscopy, & Separation TechniquesVolume 3-Pathology, Blood, DNA, Entomology, and HairVolume 4-Drugs, Fibers, Paint, Fires, and ExplosionsVolume 5-Fingerprints, Documents, and Firearms
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!