Also included in
- High School Forensics Curriculum Bundle! Save on EVERY forensics product offered by Science of Curiosity. This is a GROWING bundle, with 50 + products and counting! Includes eleven forensic topics, six projects, review questions and assessments. Click HERE to see the detailed pacing guide that comes$128.60$144.00Save $15.40
Everything you need to teach Forensic Firearms & Ballistics Evidence! The bundle includes interactive Google Slides, guided notes, sets of review questions, digital activities, a hands-on activity, two case studies and an assessment. Many of the resources can be completed by students independently, no direct instruction required. All parts, except for the hands-on activity, are no-prep and ready to go.
Your students will:
- Become familiar with the workings of handguns, rifles and shotguns
- Learn how to collect ballistic evidence
- Distinguish between class and individual ballistic evidence
- Know the unique marks a gun leaves on bullets and casings
- Understand the value and use of Gunshot Residue evidence
- Learn to analyze a bullet hole to know its trajectory
- Measure bullet holes and use a mathematical formula to calculate the trajectory angle
Seven total pages of Guided Notes give students a place to write down what they learn from the Google Slides.
Complete answer Keys are included for all Guided Notes and Google Slides.
- All lessons are in the form of Interactive Google Slides, allowing student to practice their skills as they learn.
- Solve the murder of Dillian Dollar! Students search through suspects' homes to find ballistics evidence. They compare the evidence to the crime scene bullets and identify the killer. This is no prep, 100% digital, and student independent.
- Determine the location of a shooter in the room by calculating the trajectory angle of four bullet holes - 100% digital and student independent
- Hands-On Activity: Turn your classroom into a crime scene with printable bullet holes. Students calculate the trajectory angle of the printable bullet holes and determine where a shooter was standing when they opened fire. Full instructions for the activity are included.
Two Case Studies: See ballistics evidence applied to real life
- The is no-prep, print and go! Perfect for a substitute. The video is an hour long and covers information about the gun, ammunition, trajectory, and autopsy evidence from the Kennedy assisination. Is the JFK assisination the work of a conspiracy? Ballistics experts test fire the gun to find out!
- The walks students through the gunshot residue evidence presented by the forensic firearm expert and the pathologist at the Zimmerman trial.
Self Grading Google Forms:
- Review: 10 multiple choice questions on an editable Google Form
- Test: 25 multiple choice questions on an editable Google Form
Click HERE to see the full Pacing Guide and know how this resource fits into the whole Forensic Science Curriculum.
BUDLE and SAVE from Science of Curiosity! Complete Forensic Science Units:
- Forensics Tire Impression Evidence Unit: BUNDLE | Distance Learning
- Forensic Science Basics Unit BUNDLE Distance Learning
- Forensics Blood Spatter and Blood Evidence Unit BUNDLE- Notes, Activities, Lab
- Forensic DNA Fingerprinting / DNA Evidence BUNDLE Notes, Activity, Project
- Forensic Science Death Investigation BUNDLE - Autopsy, Decay, Bugs and Bones!
- Forensic Fingerprint Evidence BUNDLE
- Ballistics Evidence Unit BUNDLE