Forest Habitat - Comprehensive Unit:
This unit introduces young children to the forests. As teachers, we know how much children are fascinated with real animals. So, we used photographs of live forest critters. The photographs in this unit are from an award-winning photographer.
Unit Highlights Beginning reader eBook (In My Woods) PowerPoint Forest habitat information PowerPoint Graphing practiceOwl craftBird cycleIntroduction to food chainsForest bulletin boards - displays
PowerPoint – In My Woods
This 15-page PowerPoint presentation includes simple text for beginning readers. The text and photos are from the previously published eBook: My World: In My Woods.
PowerPoint – The Forest Habitat
This PowerPoint introduces forest and forest life. It introduces concepts such as: what is a forest, what animals live in the forest, forest bird life cycle, food chains and other features of forests. 13 pages.
8 full page color photos and information related to various forest animals. Also included is a color photo of a forest scenic, life cycle of a forest bird, forest food chain and forest vocabulary words (for the PowerPoint presentation of the eBook: In My Woods).
Large Forest Bulletin Board Display
This provides directions and materials for an art display approximately 3x5 feet.
• Create a forest habitat background from Kraft or construction paper. Included are suggestions for creating a bulletin board background showing an example of a forest scenic.
• Included are 8 colored photographs of forest animals to place on your display.
• Included are 8 colored photographs of forest animals with the animal’s name to place on your display.
• Included is clipart of forest plants.
• Option for the classroom to add their own art to the forest habitat background.
• Student use the best word to complete simple sentences about forests.
• Students use the five senses [see, hear, taste, feel and smell] to complete simple sentences about forests.
• Students color a forest animal.
• Students count animals on a printout. They make a simple bar graph from the results.
• Children make an owl art craft from simple household materials.
Meets State Standards for Science:
• Life cycles and adaptations of living things to their environment.
• Compare the ways living organisms depend on each other and on their environments - such as food chains.
• Help students develop informational science literacy skills.
You may also like our Comprehensive Units on the Pond Habitat:
Pond Habitat (Pond Biome) - PreK – Grade 2
Desert Habitat (Desert Biome) - PreK – Grade 2
Seashore and Tidepool Habitat ( Biome) - PreK – Grade 2
The bundled product includes this unit and 3 others habitat units.
Habitat Bundle Units (Biomes) - PreK – Grade 2
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, is for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources:
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products. You also get earned credits for discounts on future TPT purchases when you leave both a comment and a rating.