The following exam is based on the novel Forged by Fire. The exam goes beyond simply comprehension or rote memorization of the novel and assesses students' on their knowledge of skills. It is 9 pages and includes a key for students to record their answers for easy grading.
he test includes 15 definition of ELA terms matching section, 6 character quote matching section, 20 multiple choice, 2 short answer responses, and 1 constructed response.
The exam tests skills such as the following:
• Identify conflict, types of conflict, and analyze the effects on character and plot
• Identify themes of the novel and analyze the lesson learned
• Analyze character through quote matching section
• Identify elements of plot and analyze connection to conflict
• Make inferences and support with textual evidence
• Identify the main idea of a passage with evidence
• Make generalizations based on evidence
• Identify the point of view of the text
The preview contains a sample for various sections of the test. An answer key is also provided.