Are you looking for simple and easy to implement formative assessments to get your students self-assessing their learning and level of understanding? Look no further than the Formative Assessment Bundle, which includes five classroom-tested formative assessment methods that are easily aligned with the CCSS. These tools can be used in any grade level and content area classroom. Teachers will love the simple prep work needed to implement this and the fact that their students will be doing the critical thinking and hard work.
The following products are includes in this bundle:
1. Student Reflection of Learning: This formative assessment tool allows students to self-assess and reflect upon their learning. This is a great beginning tool to teach students how to self-assess and reflect. Students must write out a I Can statement based upon the learning, rate their understanding of the learning, and reflect upon what helped them to be successful or what else they need to be successful. There are two different rankings included (I Have Got This, I Kinda Got This! and I Do Not Get This!/ Novice, Apprentice, Practitioner, and Expert). There are also two different slip to select from- a large reflection ticket out the door and a smaller reflection ticket out the door.
2. Chevron Self Progress and Self Assessment Cards: This file contains two separate sets of cards that are designed to give students more responsibility of their learning while still allowing the teacher to actively monitor student understanding and learning. The majority of the cards are designed using red, yellow, green, and blue chevron patterns along with a more printer friendly version.
The first set of cards allow students to track their progress through independent practice or group activities. There are three different size cards that allow you to customize the cards to fit your classroom and the needs of your students. The first size is a large rectangular card that could easily be turned into a modified table top tent. The second size is a smaller square that could be placed in a desk pocket or put velcro on the back to attach so that students can attach it on their desk. The last size is a very smaller size that could be secured with a brad and used as a fan. The three cards included say: "I Need Help!". "I'm Working Hard!", and "I'm Finished!".
The first set of cards can be used for students to self-assess their learning and as a tool to conduct formative checks throughout a lesson. There are three different size cards that allow you to customize the cards to fit your classroom and the needs of your students. The first size is a large sign that can be used during a lesson to formatively assess students' understanding in a lesson. The second size is a smaller square that could be placed in a desk pocket or put velcro on the back to attach so that students can attach it on their desk. The last size is a very smaller size that could be secured with a brad and used as a fan.
There are three different self-assessment/formative check rating systems included in this file:
Rating System #1- "I Do Not Get This!", "I Kind of Get This!", and "I Do Not Get This!"
Rating Sytem #2- "Novice", "Apprentice", "Practitioner", and "Expert"
Rating System #3- "1", "2", "3", and "4"
Signs are included for all three rating systems that clearly define each level of understanding and can be hung in the classroom so that students may view them at all times.
3. Student Self Assessment: I Can Statements: These best selling student self-assessments are a great tool to get students to reflect upon their learning using I can statements.It is not only a great way for students to reflect but also helps teachers continuously monitor student progress.
4. Assess Your Learning Bookmarks and Ticket Out the Door: Are you looking for an easy way to implement student self assessment into your classroom in an organized way? This PDF files contains 12 "Assess Your Learning" bookmarks in a variety of designs and using a red, yellow, green color system.
The bookmarks contain three different levels of understanding:
1. I Have Got This: I understand today's learning and do not need any help!
2. I Kind of Got This: I kind of understand today's learning but need some more help!
3. I Do Not Get This: I do not understand today's learning and need more help!
The following designs are included:
5. Little Birds
This file also includes a ticket out the door that students can fill out using the "Assess Your Learning" bookmarks. Students have to put a check next to their level of understanding, write an "I Can" statement letting the teacher know what they can do based upon the learning objective, and give an example/explain the new learning.
5. Tweet Out the Door Formative Checks: With so many students involved in social networking, why not use something they are familiar with to assess student learning? This file contains eight different formative checks questions to assess student understanding and two blank templates to ask your own questions.
Students will have to tweet a response in under 140 characters just like on Twitter.
Please download the product preview to see exactly what you are getting when you purchase this product.
Created by Stephanie M. Icenogle, The Creative Classroom © 2013
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.