Two part, 36 slide powerpoint on forms of government.
EQ: How do ethnic boundaries, state boundaries, and forms of government shape the geo-political environment of a region?
Part one (20 Slides): Definition of a State
- Warm-up activity (can be used with SmartBoard)
- Differences between Nation and State
- Current examples of stateless nations with maps/discussion topics
- Theories on why governments form
- US Constitution preamble
Part two (16 slides): Forms of Government
- Warm-up activity (writing prompt)
- Use with the included single page, graphic organizer/note-taking guide (includes teacher's key)
- 4 types of government: Democracy, Autocracy, Oligarchy, Anarchy
- Includes current, historical and fictional examples of main forms of government as well as the sub-types
-Link to a short YouTube video that summaries Government Types
Read the PowerPoint notes for further explanations, facts, and references. I recommend researching the current event discussion topics (located in the notes) prior to class to ensure you are update on the most current information.
-Syria: Stateless Nations (Kurds) and Autocracy
-Afghanistan/Pakistan: Ethic Groups vs state boundaries (Pashtuns)