In this resource, there is a nonfiction reading passage about Fort Sumter and the events leading to the first battle of the Civil War. Text includes an explanation of the tension between the US Army and South Carolina state militia. It is differentiated for your high, mid, and lower level students as you study about life in America during the Civil War and Reconstruction. Integrate US History content with your reading texts and meet each reader's needs with this set. Guided Reading Levels: M-Q-U
Reconstruction Fluency Task Cards
Reconstruction Vocabulary Game
Reconstruction Differentiated Reading Passages
People of the Civil War Task Cards
Reconstruction Task Cards
Reconstruction Vocabulary Sort
$Why should I purchase this passage set?$
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interesting. I use my love of social studies to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
How Does This Resource Make Me A Better Teacher?
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must!
There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content.
Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.
Have a question? Click here to send me an email!
Let's stay in touch!
→Check out our website for teaching tips, ideas, & freebies!
→Subscribe to videos on Youtube
→Follow us on Instagram
→Follow us on Facebook
Thanks for your support & Happy Teaching!-Bowtie Guy & Wife
© 2017 Bowtie Guy This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy.