Lunar (Chinese) New Year, beginning of new school year, end of school year, standardized test days - commemorate those special days with fortune cookies.
Fortune cookies are a fun and yummy way to share affirmations with your students. I have made these special treats when celebrating Lunar New Year with my students, but they can be used at different times to share special messages with students. Welcome students to their new class, say goodbye when summer break rolls around, or give encouragement in a cute and unexpected way.
Included is a simple recipe for fortune cookies and five sets (40 messages each) of "fortunes" - just print out and cut apart.
1) four different messages, 10 of each, suitable for the beginning of the school year, including
♦Being your teacher is my good fortune.
♦I am "fortune"-ate to have you in my class.
2) 40 different messages, also suitable for the start of a new school year as well as Lunar (Chinese) New Year or calendar New Year, including
♦Be prepared for success.
♦The way to have a friend is to be a friend.
♦Explore new interests this year.
♦Someone thinks you're special.
3) 40 different messages of encouragement, great for standardized testing days, including
♦Believe in your abilities.
♦You'll make your teacher proud.
♦Remember, you have prepared well.
♦All you can do is your best.
4) four different messages, 10 of each, for the end of the school year, including
♦Getting to know you has been my good fortune.
5) an assortment of 40 different messages for the end of the school year, including:
♦We have come so far this year.
♦Make this your best summer yet.
♦I will remember you fondly.
♦Continue to work toward your dreams.
Your students will feel really special
with a homemade treat from their teacher!
Another resource for encouraging students is this set of sports-themed Motivational Posters.
Please note: Purchase of this product conveys license for use to the purchaser only. Additional licenses are available. Thank you for respecting the author's copyright.