Bundle of 102 Fortune Tellers for the beginning and end of the year: set goals, ice breaker activity, a collection of short brain breaks, awards to match each goal
Have you ever played with a paper fortune teller as a kid? Pass on the love for this paper activity while beginning the school year with a fun community building ice breaker that engages students in setting school year goals. I love to use this to begin each grading period to continue thinking of the value of goals and traits that are important for school. A student sheet is included for students to circle the goals that they think would be good for them to make assigning fortune tellers easy. With 50 goals and 1 blank fortune teller students are guaranteed to find goals suited for them. The awards set also includes 1 blank fortune teller and 50 award fortune tellers to match each goal. I used these to award each student at the end of the year with an unique award, but plan to start using them during the school year to reward good effort and positive choices. However you plan to use them, students will love that the award is interactive rather than just a certificate.
- Each set includes 50 different fortune tellers, each with an unique school award/ goal, fun "fortune" phrases to answer Yes and No questions, and hundreds of hilarious brain break style activities for students to perform as their questions are answered.
- Below each goal fortune teller is a different photo frame labeled with the corresponding goal for students to draw their picture inside along with a fun ice breaker prompt for students to complete. This portion can be shared and displayed to make a class wall or quilt (great for the beginning of the year!).
- Below each award fortune teller is an editable certificate for student to take home. The dates and teacher name portion will appear on every certificate, making them quick and painless to fill out. I created these awards, because I find it painful to both think of awards and to know that they will probably be discarded and forgotten after all of my effort and time to fill them out. But the real value I discovered when I used them. I found myself needing an hour to fill in on the last day of school and these awards were perfect!
- Directions with step by step pictures are included on how to construct the fortune tellers and suggested game play.
- Warning: kids find fortune tellers highly addictive and will begin to want to make their own. Blank copies are included with each set. This is a great tool to inspire students to think of their own goals, and to think of reasons to create awards for other students (this is also a great way to build an even larger library of fortune tellers)! I have started using similar cootie catchers to create vocabulary and concept reviews (look in my store as they are added).
I hope you enjoy these fortune tellers as much as my students and I would love to hear how you and your students use them!
Thanks for looking!
Fortune Tellers: Goal Setting and Ice Breakers
Fortune Teller Awards
Goal Setting Certificate & Poster to Declare & Achieve Goals
Copyright © 2014 Teacheropolis
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to classroom use only.
This product is to be used by a single teacher.
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Please click the "Buy Multiple Purchases" button to buy for other staff members.