Dead time - no more!
75 pages - one for each week of the school year with a full set of solutions and additional follow-up material.
Each page has nine sections containing:
- a mnemonic to help retain important facts
- an individual or team challenge.
-a 'searching' question that can generate lots of discussion.
- an inspirational quote.
- a number challenge or trick.
- a set of jokes on a theme.
- a watchable video that can be accessed by clicking the hyperlink. Some will entertain, surprise or educate or just make you think: 'Why?'
- a fact to surprise and share.
- a word of the week- a smart word to learn, collect and use. Mostly, these boxes contain the definition, derivation and an example of usage.
It's a bit of a pick 'n' mix collected over a period of twenty years that I have used, successfully, with 10-13+ year old pupils. I've tried and tested everything - if it hasn't worked well, I've not included it. Until lately, I have had no intention to publish (until I discovered TpT!). Most of this eclectic collection has been gathered from a wide range of sources. It's really been a labour of love. I'm sure you'll appreciate that it's been a time-consuming task to put this together; I've aimed to set out 'Forty Weeks' in a format that's easily and readily useable by a class teacher. If you wish to focus on just one card using an interactive whiteboard, it works best if you zoom to 320%. This resource is something you can dip in and out of when you feel the need. I hope you and your pupils enjoy! A PowerPoint version is available; if you're interested, please contact me.
Forty weeks: A collection of learning opportunities for those spare 10 minutes. by GibbUK
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License