The Fossils pack will give you plenty to work with when it comes to teaching fossils!
Printables- (with answer keys)
• Fossils PowerPoint Review – 10 questions that go over the slides which can be used either as a quiz to see if they paid attention or as something for them to fill in as you go through the slides so that they can pay attention. (They will need to pay attention either way ;)
• Vocabulary sheet – includes the words mold, cast, trace, true form, paleontologist, decompose, stromatolites, preserved, fossilization, and sedimentary rock
• Vocab match – Students will match the word to its definition
• Fossilization steps cut and paste – students will cut the sentence squares and glue them in correct order on the numbered page.
• Dinosaur Fossils – Reading comprehension article and questions
• Word Search – great for the early finishers or to simply kill time
Interactive Notebook – Teacher directions included
• Four types of fossils pocket activity – students cut the sentence strips and place them in the correct category. The pockets can be glued in their science notebooks or on construction paper.
• Fossil facts accordion – they can research facts or use the PowerPoint to write facts on the sheet.
Editable PowerPoint – (you can modify it to fit your students needs)Topics include:
What fossils are, how they form, who finds and studies them, where they are found, about Mary Anning ( the famous English fossil hunter), the four types of fossils (mold, cast, true-form, and trace), and three fun facts.
If you like this unit, you might also love:
Rocks and Minerals Pack Animal Adaptation Pack Weather Unit PackWater Cycle PackSolar System Pack Human Body Systems Pack Force and Motion Pack
SAVE BIG with Science Bundles:
Animal Adaptations, Food Chains, Biomes Huge Science Bundle6 Units Science Bundle