Fossils was made specially to meet the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) Science Standards:
5.7(D) identify fossils as evidence of past living organisms and the nature of the environments at the time using models
This big book also can be used to scaffold the vocabulary and concepts for fifth grade. Fossils could be used during STAAR preparation time to refresh students on this concept. This book can be used to meet CCSS for informational text too.
Fossils can be used as:
- science big book for Project G.L.A.D.
- the “Engage” piece to a 5E science lesson
- to activate prior knowledge
- to teach content-specific vocabulary
- to teach informational text (concepts: photographs match the text, bold print, etc.)
This pack includes:
- 7-page big book (1 title page, 6 text pages)
- Six pages of photographs to cut and paste on 11x17 colored construction paper.
This pack allows you to create a 7-page science big book. You can also print an additional set of photographs and use them for Exploration Charts or Picture File Cards in a Project G.L.A.D. unit.
If you like what you see, follow me! I'm always updating the store with new resources for you. Follow me by clicking on the green "Follow Me" star under my store name on this page.
Look for more NEW Science Big Books coming in the next few weeks. The best way to keep up-to-date on new products that can benefit you is to “Follow Me” as described above.
Thank you for your ratings and feedback and entrusting me with your classroom resources! Looking forward to hear from you!