Fossils and Resources – A Fourth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction fossil and resource terminology (fossil, amber, mold, cast, imprint, fossil fuel, nonrenewable resource, and renewable resource).
• How scientists study fossils and how they some of their interpretations of data they collect
• Explanation of geologic time and how it relates to rock layers
• Fossil fuels along with some of the negative results from their use
• How coal is formed
• Description of alternative energy
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are fossil, amber, mold, cast, imprint, fossil fuel, nonrenewable resource, renewable resource, geologic time, and alternative energy.
• Activity two has students identifying/matching 5 types of alternative energy. There is also a short writing assignment where students discuss a time that they have seen alternative energy in use, where, and how they thought it was being used.