This product is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Note: These puzzles are fun but challenging. If hints haven’t been provided, teachers may want to insert hints into the puzzles before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from FOUND. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from below the grid to squares in the columns directly above.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of FOUND along with their knowledge of spelling, word usage, and vocabulary! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE!
Perfect for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for Elementary:
* The Black Pearl
* Blood on the River
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil’s Arithmetic
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* The Summer of the Swans
* Tuck Everlasting
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over FOUND:
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 3 Vocabulary Crosswords Plus 1 Comprehensive! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from three different sections of the book. The comprehensive puzzle includes all 34 words and requires students to either provide a synonym or an antonym for each clue.
• Bookmarks Plus: FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1—10 Word Merges-One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1—10 Quotefalls—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Fun! Divides book into three sections so the puzzles can be used during the unit. A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 6 Word Searches with Hidden Message! Categories: At the Airport; In Chip's Basement; At School; In the Library; At the Conference; In the Cave. Clues are taken from events surrounding that setting.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!