THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from FOUND: BOOK 1. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
MORE ELEMENTARY EDITIONS!
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil's Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963
* The Westing Game
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over FOUND:
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 3 Vocabulary Crosswords Plus 1 Comprehensive! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from three different sections of the book. The comprehensive puzzle includes all 34 words and requires students to either provide a synonym or an antonym for each clue.
• Bookmarks Plus: FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1—10 Word Merges-One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1—10 Quotefalls—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Fun! Divides book into three sections so the puzzles can be used during the unit. A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 6 Word Searches with Hidden Message! Categories: At the Airport; In Chip's Basement; At School; In the Library; At the Conference; In the Cave. Clues are taken from events surrounding that setting.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!!